The University of Idaho is a leading national research university that attracts outstanding faculty and students who are passionate about their work.
At the University of Idaho, scholarly and creative activity aspires to generate knowledge that strengthens the scientific, economic, cultural, social, and legal foundations of an open, diverse, and democratic society. Our goal is to achieve excellence in scholarship and creative activity through an institutional culture that values and promotes strong academic areas and interdisciplinary collaboration among them.
Research Focus Areas
• Biomedical and molecular biology research
• Agricultural and natural resources plant, animal and fisheries research
• Environmental and ecological research
• Energy and water resources research
• Bioremediation and subsurface science research
• Nanotechnology and material sciences research
• Educational program design and assessment research